[pacman-dev] permission/location for var/abs and cache/src

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 23:01:56 EST 2007

On 3/7/07, Travis Willard <travisw at wmpub.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 19:32:40 -0600
> "Aaron Griffin" <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't understand this really - the commented value is the default
> > value for the setting.  This is fairly common (see, for instance,
> > xine's config file).  If you want it changed, you uncomment it and
> > change it.
>
> Now here's something I never knew, and just found out poking around
> inside makepkg itself - it supports per-user configs.

Yeah, this is new. Maybe we should document it somewhere, don't know
if it is in the NEWS file yet.

And your other email about devtools- those just haven't been updated
yet. Nor have many of the 'aftermarket' tools.

Feel free to patch them and send it here, I'm sure you can pull the
lines right out of makepkg.