[pacman-dev] Roadmap for 3.1
andrew at neptune-one.net
Wed Mar 28 12:06:28 EDT 2007
Aaron Griffin wrote:
> Looks like it's time to move towards a 3.1 release. Dan and I both
> have a lot of items listed in our TODO lists, though most of them are
> code changes (doesn't affect the end user much).
> So I'd like to open the floor up for ideas - what *functional* changes
> interest you all, as a user of pacman?
> I'm going to take some input here, and then compose a list of what I'd
> like to do for the 3.1 release.
> Keep in mind that, going forward, I'd like to do quick, smaller
> releases (every 1-2 months would be ideal) so not everything will get
> done right away.
> Also, as a side note, we're probably going to be moving to using git
> for development - making it easier for other users to contribute
> patches and things like that (still kinda pending on some side
> projects I'm working on, but I digress).
> Anyway, let me know.
> pacman-dev mailing list
> pacman-dev at archlinux.org
- move msg* error warning in_array check_* out of makepkg so all
scripts can make use of them.
- use tput for coloured output
- move BUILDSCRIPT PKGEXT DB_COMPRESSION into makepkg.conf
- gettext support (Giovanni Scafora has done some work on this)
- move pacman.lck to /var/run (that's where lock files belong)
More information about the pacman-dev