[pacman-dev] spanish translation

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 15:37:28 EDT 2007

On 3/31/07, Juan Pablo González T. <lord_jotape at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> Hi again! your Spanish is good. even better than my English.
> I'm using cvs.archlinux.org. But obviously with the "anoymous" acount.
> the cvsroot is this:
> CVSROOT=":pserver:anonymous at cvs.archlinux.org:/home/cvs-pacman"
>
> the new question is.who can receive my files and upload to the cvs
>
> Other question is about my trasnslation, that is encoded in utf-8. is that a
> problem?

We actually want UTF-8 for all new translations, so that is good. If
you haven't yet, you may want to read the "translation-help" file in
the root directory of the CVS checkout.

There are two of us on this list that have commit access- Aaron and
myself. If you send the file here (translations probably work better
as an attachment), we will take care of the dirty work of putting it
in.

As Jamie stated, you may want to take a look at this email to see more
about our transition to GIT for new development.
<http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-March/002428.html>
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here on the list, but
it will also help to do a little reading about GIT on your own.

Finally, try to send plaintext-only emails to this list, it makes it
easier for some that are using a console client, and definitely makes
the messages cleaner in general. And welcome to the list! We aren't
too crazy here.

-Dan (toofishes)