[pacman-dev] slower ftp access with pacman 3 ?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue May 8 13:17:00 EDT 2007

On 5/8/07, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, it's funny what happens when, for example, downloading 2
> packages from current :

> <<< 257 "/archlinux/0.8/os/i686"
> <<< 250 Directory successfully changed.
> <<< 257 "/archlinux/0.8/os"
> <<< 250 Directory successfully changed.
> <<< 257 "/archlinux/0.8"
> <<< 250 Directory successfully changed.
> <<< 257 "/archlinux"
> <<< 250 Directory successfully changed.
> <<< 250 Directory successfully changed.
> <<< 250 Directory successfully changed.
>
> ie, libdownload is already in the correct directory,
> /archlinux/0.8/os/i686 , but it doesn't know current is a link to 0.8
> , so it believes it's in the wrong directory, and goes back to
> /archlinux and returns in current/os/i686
> I'm not sure if it's possible to avoid that though, is it?

That one is problematic and is due to the symlinking on the servers.
There's no way to know what it should do because 'PWD' returns the
wrong directory.

Ideally we need to fix the ftp setup on the main servers and the
mirrors though (0.8 should be a symlink to current, not the other way
around).  But you could try using the 0.8 path in your mirror config
and see if that helps.