[pacman-dev] Delta testing

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 08:04:48 EST 2007

On Nov 8, 2007 6:50 AM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 06:41:34PM -0500, Nathan Jones wrote:
> > The mtime seems to have stabilized at 22:37:22 GMT, but I am not sure
> > why. I uploaded another file to test, and I get different mtimes every
> > download like you noticed. The mtime for the test file as seen in the
> > ftp client is 'Wed Nov 7 00:00:00 2007'. gftp sends the command 'site
> > utime' after uploading a file, but the server does not recognize it.
> >
> > So I don't know!
> >

> Well, it seems to work now.
>
> Also the first delta based upgrade I did this morning was apparently a success
> :)

I delta-upgraded pacman-git last night...success! Well I will report
one small but unlikely issue- I had an old version of 20071105 in my
cache, so it had the wrong MD5sum. Perhaps the code should check for
this before it does any delta-patching instead of waiting until the
patching is done before checking all MD5sums? It took me a little
while to figure out exactly what the error message was saying and what
was wrong.