[pacman-dev] Asciidoc manpages

Andrew Fyfe andrew at neptune-one.net
Fri Nov 9 17:05:11 EST 2007

Miklos Vajna wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 06:57:44AM +0000, Andrew Fyfe <andrew at neptune-one.net> wrote:
>> - Added VMiklos's permalink patch for auto-generated section IDs (enabled by default by the sectids
>> attribute). (http://www.mail-archive.com/asciidoc-discuss%40metaperl.com/msg00159.html)
>
> as long as you don't use -a sectids, it can't break manpage generation
>
> - VMiklos

Ooops I missed that small note in the brackets :) Thanks VMiklos

Did little digging, the breakage/change is in now asciidoc converts from asciidoc to xml (so it's
not docbook-xsl). In 8.2.2 manlink:pacman.conf[5] expands to

<citerefentry><refentrytitle>pacman.conf</refentrytitle><manvolnum>5</manvolnum></citerefentry>,

in 8.2.3 it expands to

man<ulink url="pacman.conf">5</ulink>,

Andrew