[pacman-dev] TotalDownload option.

Scott Horowitz stonecrest at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 13:43:18 EST 2007

On Nov 9, 2007 10:14 PM, Eric Belanger <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> Why not put two percentages: one for the current package progress and one
> for the total packages percent? I'm not sure how to display them in a way
> that'll be user-friendly.

I fail to see how one percentage value that is the total is too
confusing, but two percentage values, one that is the package and one
that is the total, are not?

I personally think we're getting carried away. In the words of
Einstein, "As simple as possible, but no simpler". I think it will be
painfully obvious that the percentage is the total across packages,
especially since the user had to enable the TotalDownload option.

Scott