[pacman-dev] output issues

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 06:17:03 EST 2007

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 11:51:13PM -0600, Dan McGee wrote:
> checking package integrity... done.
> (2/2) checking for file conflicts                   [---------------------] 100%
> warning: directory permissions differ on var/cache/pacman/  o  o  o  o  o ]   0%
> filesystem: 555  package: 755
> (1/2) upgrading pacman-git                          [---------------------] 100%
> (2/2) upgrading xscreensaver                        [---------------------] 100%
>
> Who wants to step up to the plate and fix this stuff? I'm sure Xavier
> can point us to the past conversations we've had on the subject, and
> we really should fix it.

That's the original thread I started, where I mentioned two kind of output
issues (progress bar is the second one) :
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-September/009317.html

Then I found out pacman 3.0 didn't have this problem, it fixed it with padding.
It only had a little issue with utf8 chars, so I proposed a patch for that :
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-September/009325.html

And you followed the thread there :
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-October/009552.html