[pacman-dev] base system install and scriptlets

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 02:59:27 EDT 2007

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 10:37:36PM +0200, Xavier wrote:
> Anyway, the scriptlets won't be able to run at all until a base system is installed.. But that's another problem :
> http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-August/009148.html

Hmm, one thing I forgot to ask about this :
does anyone know how the Arch installer handle this?

It doesn't install all packages twice, does it?
Or maybe sh and its dependencies don't have any scriptlets?
Or if they do, maybe they can be first installed with --noscriptlet, and
then only install everything?
That is :
1) pacman -S --noscriptlet bash
2) pacman -S base