[pacman-dev] base system install and scriptlets

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 12:56:11 EDT 2007

On 10/5/07, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 10:37:36PM +0200, Xavier wrote:
> > Anyway, the scriptlets won't be able to run at all until a base system is installed.. But that's another problem :
> > http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-August/009148.html
>
> Hmm, one thing I forgot to ask about this :
> does anyone know how the Arch installer handle this?
>
> It doesn't install all packages twice, does it?
> Or maybe sh and its dependencies don't have any scriptlets?
> Or if they do, maybe they can be first installed with --noscriptlet, and
> then only install everything?
> That is :
> 1) pacman -S --noscriptlet bash
> 2) pacman -S base

Last night Dan and I went through this.

Firstly, we manually ensured the deps for install scriptlets.
Secondly, I made libalpm succeed but complain loudly if /bin/sh is
missing for a package that has a scriptlet.

There's not much we can do beyond that besides ensuring this stuff
manually - perhaps a namcap rule to make sure bash is somehow in the
dep chain if an install script is present?