[pacman-dev] Future pacman development (3.2/4.0)

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 08:16:55 EDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 04:23:33PM +0200, Xavier wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 04:00:30PM +0200, Nagy Gabor wrote:
> > > 3) Files extraction
> > >
> > > maybe using suffix like dpkg does :
> > > http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-August/009139.html
> > >
> > > Being able to cleanly rollback when an error comes up would be pretty neat.
> > > Maybe this could also helps limiting the number of times the archive is
> > > read:
> > > http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-July/008751.html
> >
> > It's possible to test these problems with pactest files? If yes, I would provide
> > some exotic tests...
>
> I believe Dan hoped someone could extend pactest so that it would be
> possible. I never took the time to look at pactest though, There are always
> other things to look at :)
>
> Dan already made a step in the direction though :
> http://projects.archlinux.org/git/?p=pacman.git;a=commit;h=19f66083f0aef92af84761fd62245270e97c6f33
> but there is a TODO left :p

Hmm, I'm really confused about this...

TODO: add the ability to add different types of files (eg links) via the test
package building framework, and add the ability to change the modes on files.

But from pactest README :

198 It is possible to create directories by appending a slash "/" to the name and
199 to create symlinks by appending an arrow followed by a filename " -> target".

So it looks like the first part was already implemented, doesn't it?

Nagy, what kind of pactest did you want to write?