[pacman-dev] Future pacman development (3.2/4.0)

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Mon Oct 8 13:46:31 EDT 2007

> Hmm, I'm really confused about this...
>
> TODO: add the ability to add different types of files (eg links) via the
> test
> package building framework, and add the ability to change the modes on
> files.
>
> But from pactest README :
>
> 198 It is possible to create directories by appending a slash "/" to the name
> and
> 199 to create symlinks by appending an arrow followed by a filename " ->
> target".
>
> So it looks like the first part was already implemented, doesn't it?
>
> Nagy, what kind of pactest did you want to write?
I want to write pactest files for the 2 problematic cases I mentioned here:
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-August/009055.html
If lp.files = ["symdir/ -> dir/"] worked, I could do this easily; but that
doesn't work. And I have no other idea. Anyway, thx for your note, I didn't know
the symlink feature earlier.
Bye, ngaba