[pacman-dev] [patch] testdb, reworked

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Wed Oct 10 09:47:09 EDT 2007

> Um, bigger problems here.
>
> 1. We are including a private header outside of the library, a big
> no-no. Can't use conflict.h outside of the libalpm directory.
Well, I wrote in my first e-mail in this thread that I wasn't familiar in these
alpm public/private/whatever and naming conventions, so I wanted to let you
clean-up this  part (I hoped, that the patch is helpful with this glitch, too).
And you are the "leader", you should choose the right conflict-checker funtion
to be public, and give them a good name (alpm_*). See also:
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-October/009549.html
> 2. We are using _alpm_str_cmp publicly (edit: I see now that it is
> defined in testdb.c. What was I thinking when I let that slip by? We
> shouldn't use the _alpm prefix anywhere. outside of the library, just
> a copy paste issue though.)
This is in git already.
> 3. If we need check conflict to be public, it needs to be declared in
> alpm.h and have an alpm_ prefix. Aaron- not sure why you thought it
> should be private...it was static before. This is two jumps in
> visibility.
See 1.
> 4. FREELIST? libalpm private function.
I don't understand this (anyway, that is a macro). "#include <alpm_list.h>" is
not allowed (this is in git/testdb.c already)? Then how should be work with
alpm_lists?
> Sorry to burst anyone's hopes here, but this patch just isn't
> acceptable right now.
OK, but keep your eyes on the remaining bugs in testdb.c.

Bye, ngaba