[pacman-dev] Submitting Patches

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Wed Oct 24 13:46:32 EDT 2007

Hi!
OK. I understood. From now on, I will send only "proper" git patches.
But I'm sure that I will send much fewer patches than before. I thought,
that my ugly/terrible/no-patch mails were a bit helpful (at least they
were bug reports); but if you cannot decode the information from this:
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-October/009655.html
or from this:
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-October/009666.html,
I have the feeling, that you simply don't _want_ to decode it. Since
_you_ have git access, I don't understand why I should create the patch
instead of you, when I gave _all_ the needed information. Yes, I'm lazy;
are you lazy too ;-)?
To tell the truth; I don't understand you. I tried to help you, but you
prevent me from helping with this huge "officialdom". I have the
feeling, that I should say thank you, that I'm allowed to send you
patches instead of getting "thanks for your effort to help us improve
pacman" responses (don't misunderstand me, I do it, because I _like_
hacking it).
So from now on I will create my patches with git-format-patch.
Bye, ngaba

P.S.: Are we allowed to discuss things about development, or are we
allowed to send patches only?