[pacman-dev] pacman 3.1 release ?

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Tue Sep 4 05:41:50 EDT 2007

> There are several bugs fixed in 3.1 (mostly fix from Nagy), ...

Well, I suggest rewriting _alpm_sync_prepare as soon as possible. You needn't
apply my patch, but the current version is buggy and messy.
Without going into details:
-sync1003.py: you need a more clever checkdeps.
-alpm_checkdeps is called in the beginning of the function, THEN some
hard-to-understand manipulations are done in the target list to resolve
conflicts, and (upgrade) dependencies are not checked again!
-removing a package from target list may induce a new conflict (for example: the
old version conflicted, but we assumed that it will be upgraded to a
non-conflicting one; but after we removed the upgrade-package, we got the
conflict again)
You can create pactest files to test these.
(IIRC, my patches solve all the problems above.)

Bye, ngaba