[pacman-dev] [PATH] New Rg option

Mateusz Jedrasik m.jedrasik at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 10:48:49 EDT 2007

Tuesday 11 of September 2007 16:22:05 Nagy Gabor napisał(a):
> > That's probably a good idea, I made a patch for it.
> > pacman -R xorg will only try to remove the xorg package,
> > pacman -Rg xorg will only try to remove the xorg group.
>
> I must mention a backward:
> -if the user wants to remove one group and one package with one command, he
> cannot do that (however, this is a rare, and this is a _front-end_ problem)
>
> In my opinion we should implement both -Sg and -Rg or neither of them. (-Sg
> now lists the group members, after this we could pick the question to the
> user: "Do you want to install the whole group?" [yes/no/quit] or we should
> rename the current -Sg to -Si or to -Sig)
>
> Bye, ngaba

I don't think we need -Sg. As long as during a pacman -S group_package pacman
pus a big info (like currently it does with kde for example or gnome afaik
and allows for choosing components) that should/would be ok. Because if you
implement -Sg then doing pacman -S xorg will do what? Nothing? Or just
install en empty group withtout pulling the actual group contents? Silly ;-)

Just my 2 cents..
Cheers

--
Mateusz Jędrasik <m.jedrasik at gmail.com>