[pacman-dev] Several output issues

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 18:49:49 EDT 2007

On 9/13/07, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I see at least 2 workarounds for this problem :
> * totally disable all these warnings during extraction
> * buffer the messages, and display them only after all the files have been extracted.
>
> There might be a better solution that doesn't require any of these though.
> Wouldn't it be possible to just clear the line before outputting the messages,
> or something like that, and let the progress bar redisplay itself on the next line?

I remember this!
*ahem* I know I haven't been keeping up with all this stuff, but I
promise you - I'm going to, damnit.

Anyway, I remember this "issue" and what I had done was when a
progress-bar line had actual output during it's display (that is, when
the progress was interrupted by text), the line was padded with spaces
and a newline, to make it look pretty.

I'm going to guess current output changes did away with this jazz. But
also introduced oddities like these fun missing newlines.

I have some time this weekend to peek at this stuff. I'm sure I'll
spend more time looking over what's changed since I last updated, but
if this isn't fixed by then, I'll get to it.