[pacman-dev] some limitations of the current front-end, new -D option

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Sat Sep 15 10:50:40 EDT 2007

> rewriting makepkg in C is not a good idea imho

Well, I don't want to rewrite it (I'm not interested in makepkg), but I don't
like "hidden" features of pacman. If you prefer a shell-script makepkg, I'd
prefer small makepkg-helper tool(s) written in c (which would use libalpm).
To tell the truth I'm not too familiar in makepkg, and if so much parts needed
from pacman (config-file parsing(?), etc.), I can accept the current method.

Bye, ngaba