[pacman-dev] some limitations of the current front-end, new -D option

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Mon Sep 17 06:43:42 EDT 2007

On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 04:50:40PM +0200, Nagy Gabor <ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu> wrote:
> Well, I don't want to rewrite it (I'm not interested in makepkg), but I don't
> like "hidden" features of pacman. If you prefer a shell-script makepkg, I'd
> prefer small makepkg-helper tool(s) written in c (which would use libalpm).
> To tell the truth I'm not too familiar in makepkg, and if so much parts needed
> from pacman (config-file parsing(?), etc.), I can accept the current method.

such hidden features could be solved by a /usr/libexec/makepkg-helper or
so, and then features which are in pacman just for makepkg could be
moved to that binary. in case it annoys you at a level that you would
want to work on it ;)

at least this is how hal, gpg and several gnome tools work

- VMiklos