[pacman-dev] pacman 3.0.6 ?

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 17:00:35 EDT 2007

On 9/16/07, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> I already didn't like that the last tarball of pacman, 3.0.5, wasn't the
> current version of pacman 3.0.
> Indeed, a patch was applied in the last PKGBUILD :
> http://archlinux.org/pacman/pacman-cumulative.patch
>
> Now, with the "current" -> "core" move, the PKGBUILD got even more cluttered,
> with this :
> # fixes for core move
> <8 lines of mv/sed>
>
> I think it would be nice to make this final change properly to cvs, and
> release a new up-to-date 3.0.6 tarball.
>
> This would help for getting easily the current 3.0 code, mostly for reference
> / regression testing purpose (and also cleanup the PKGBUILD).
> So even if pacman 3.1 was released soon, it would still be nice to do that imo.

I agree here, this shouldn't be too hard to do.

What needs to get in here, just to make sure I don't miss anything?
1. current -> core transition (also need to do this for GIT)
2. Update the mirror lists (I'll pull them from GIT)
3. Ensure pacman-cumulative.patch is already incorporated into CVS

Let me know if I am forgetting anything.