[pacman-dev] Future pacman development (3.2/4.0)

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 10:23:33 EDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 04:00:30PM +0200, Nagy Gabor wrote:
> > 3) Files extraction
> >
> > maybe using suffix like dpkg does :
> > http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-August/009139.html
> >
> > Being able to cleanly rollback when an error comes up would be pretty neat.
> > Maybe this could also helps limiting the number of times the archive is
> > read:
> > http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-July/008751.html
>
> It's possible to test these problems with pactest files? If yes, I would provide
> some exotic tests...

I believe Dan hoped someone could extend pactest so that it would be
possible. I never took the time to look at pactest though, There are always
other things to look at :)

Dan already made a step in the direction though :
http://projects.archlinux.org/git/?p=pacman.git;a=commit;h=19f66083f0aef92af84761fd62245270e97c6f33
but there is a TODO left :p