[pacman-dev] Pacman for LFS

Stefano Esposito stefano.esposito87 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 09:37:21 EDT 2007

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 23:27:06 -0700 (PDT)
Walter Barnes <walter_barnes05 at yahoo.com> wrote:

[snip]
> Unfortunately, my host system (Knoppix) does not have the autoconf/automake tools needed to generate the configure file and I do not know how to use these tools
[snip]

You should be able to install autotools with knoppix native package manager (apt-get or whatelse, note that the name quite sure won't be autotools, but there will likely be a package for autoconf and another one for automake) and then run the autogen.sh script included in the pacman sources ;)

> Thanks,
> Walter

Cheers,
Stefano