[pacman-dev] fglrx-utils preferred over libgl-dri

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 13:20:27 EDT 2007

On 9/27/07, Mateusz Jedrasik <m.jedrasik at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well if I understand correctly, supposing I have kdemod-kdebase installed, and
> some package requires kdebase, it will ignore the fact kdemod-kdebase is
> there and 'provides='kdebase'' and try and install kdebase from whatever
> other repo.

This is a good point, BUT, these are two different issues.
You are talking about already satisfied dependencies, when the
original issue is about pacman auto-resolving dependencies.

For instance, if you have something which is-or-provides kdebase,
fine, the dependency is satisfied.
However, if it is NOT installed, pacman needs to decide what to do,
and will install kdebase (the real package name) before it installes
kdemod-kdebase.