[pacman-dev] libdownload portability

Sebastian Nowicki xilonmu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 01:32:13 EDT 2008

I'm looking into making a package manager for Mac OSX and I'd like to
use libalpm but currently it doesn't compile. I haven't tested this on
any real BSD systems but OS X is based on BSD so I assume it also
doesn't compile on BSD either. libdownload fails to co,pile because it
can't find libio.h, which appears to be a part of glibc on Linux. I
know Aaron forked libfetch and added some features, so I'm wondering
if it's possible to port those features back to BSD. If it is, I'd be
willing to look into doing so, but since my experience with C is low I
don't know how that will work out.

For any BSD users, is there an alternative to libio.h, hopefully with
a similar API, that would work with libdownload?