[pacman-dev] libdownload portability

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 02:33:58 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:32 AM, Sebastian Nowicki <xilonmu at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking into making a package manager for Mac OSX and I'd like to use
> libalpm but currently it doesn't compile. I haven't tested this on any real
> BSD systems but OS X is based on BSD so I assume it also doesn't compile on
> BSD either. libdownload fails to co,pile because it can't find libio.h,
> which appears to be a part of glibc on Linux. I know Aaron forked libfetch
> and added some features, so I'm wondering if it's possible to port those
> features back to BSD. If it is, I'd be willing to look into doing so, but
> since my experience with C is low I don't know how that will work out.

Dan has an OSX branch somewhere that makes everything compile and work there.

The "features" added to libdownload are minimal. I had contacted the
libfetch maintainer in the past and got no response. Either way, it's
not as huge deal.

If/when I provide a fetch.h compatibility header for libdownload, it'd
make all this easier.