[pacman-dev] .pacnew created when not needed, was: [signoff] openssh 5.0p1
roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 03:56:48 EDT 2008
2008/4/10, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 9:23 AM, Roman Kyrylych
> <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hmm..
> > pacman created /etc/ssh/sshd_config.pacnew, but I didn't modify
> > sshd_config, so I wonder why pacman didn't just overwrite it. :-/
> Could you keep your /etc/ssh/sshd_config file, downgrade openssh to
> the older version, then check the output of pacman -Qii openssh ?
> And check the md5sum manually if needed.
> If it tells you sshd_config is indeed not modified, try upgrading
> again, using --debug this time, and check the debug output of pacman.
I've deleted that file already.
But I had an older snapshot so I've tried to reproduce the issue again.
And I got it clearly reproduceable:
0) I have clean install from 0.4 archboot iso (IIRC) in vmware with
pacman 3.1.3 and no openssh, only some packages were upgraded, so
package database is not broken
1) pacman -S openssh --noconfirm --debug > install.log
2) pacman -Syu
only upgrading pacman from 3.1.3 to 3.1.4
3) pacman -S openssh --noconfirm --debug > upgrade.log
(upgrading from 4.7 to 5.0 where default sshd_config was chaged)
4) ls /etc/ssh/
moduli ssh_config sshd_config sshd_config.pacnew
5) pacman -Qii openssh | grep -A3 Backup > Qii.txt
Logs are attached.
As can be seen from upgrade.log pacman makes a wrong decission when
comparing existing, new and original md5sums (original is empty).
I'm keeping that old snapshot so I can reproduce the issue again
if more debugging is needed.
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 14528 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the pacman-dev