[pacman-dev] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] pacman 3.2.0

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 02:56:34 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 1:26 AM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I patched pacman to remove an eventual trailing slash, and the
> patch will follow quickly.
> But I wonder if libdownload should not be patched as well. "Command
> ok" seems rather misleading. Returning the following error would be
> much better if it is possible :
>     [DLERR_URL]         Invalid URL

I tried to compare a bit libdownload with current libfetch code, by curiosity.
I am a bit confused though now, it looks like the code already handles
multiple slashes. But well, I will need to investigate it more.

Anyway, while looking at this, I found one difference in libfetch,
which was introduced by this patch :
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-all/2007-April/217521.html

This looks rather interesting, I always noticed the high latency of
ftp access on -Sy operations, and that is why I always use http now.
But this patch might solve it.