[pacman-dev] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] pacman 3.2.0

Henning Garus henning.garus at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 4 13:34:01 EDT 2008

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 08:56:34 +0200
Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 1:26 AM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > So I patched pacman to remove an eventual trailing slash, and the
> > patch will follow quickly.
> > But I wonder if libdownload should not be patched as well. "Command
> > ok" seems rather misleading. Returning the following error would be
> > much better if it is possible :
> >     [DLERR_URL]         Invalid URL

If my understanding of the libdownload code is correct "Command okay"
occurs, because the server sends a 200 when libdownload expects
something different. But I can't say where.

I've been spending some time trying to reproduce this error, but
syncing to a local ftp just works, with and without trailing slash.

> I am a bit confused though now, it looks like the code
> already handles multiple slashes. But well, I will need to
> investigate it more.

C is not my strong point, but I think the following lines in _ftp_cwd()
should take care of multiple slashes:

	while (*beg == '/')
			++beg, ++i;