[pacman-dev] added --config option to makepkg

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 07:48:24 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 1:25 PM, hoar heor <archye at pycut.com.ar> wrote:
> I added a --config=value option so you can use makepkg --config=safe
> and it will source the makepkg.safe file instead of makepkg.conf

I don't want to sound too harsh, but this patch looks quite complex
for what it does, does not use gettext like every other options, and
seems rather useless to me.

If you really need to have two different makepkg.conf, you could just
set up symlinks.
ln -sf /etc/makepkg.conf.safe /etc/makepkg.conf
ln -sf /etc/makepkg.conf.default /etc/makepkg.conf
You could even use an alias to switch faster.

I also thought about another way, but I am not totally sure it works,
and it is less clean and more complicated than a symlink.
You could just use makepkg.conf as a simple wrapper for different
configs, checking an environment variable :
if [ -n "$SAFE" ]; then
source makepkg.conf.safe
else
source makepkg.conf.default
fi

Then SAFE=1 makepkg .... or something like that.