[pacman-dev] 3.2.1 release

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 17:43:02 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 9:34 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/13/08, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
>> While there is nothing critical, all bugfixes already fixed in git are
>> nice to have, but there are especially two that keep getting reported
>> :
>> So the sooner, the better :)
>
> I'm on a business trip this week so its a bit harder for me to keep on
> top of this stuff at night. I think it would be wise to release 3.2.1
> next week if nothing else critical comes up- this release has been
> awesome.

Ok, good.

> Looking through what you mentioned:
> totaldownload patch: definitely include
> source profile error patch: definitely include
> libdownload/curl patch: I'd actually like to see this one split up-
> one patch to change the "default" external downloader to curl which I
> will definitely include. However, I am hesitant to leave the internal
> download code completely untested which is what the second half of
> that patch does. Can anyone think of a way we can do this?

Hmm, by the way, I did not change the "default" XferCommand, I added
one. I thought it was alright to give both the wget and curl examples.
wget is probably the most widely used one.
But curl is likely to be available on the majority of systems, and
supports the file:// protocol :
Required By    : bzflag  git  gnupg  google-earth  moc  octave3
                 openoffice-base  rtorrent  xine-ui

About the other half of the patch, I agree it is not so nice. And the
only way I can think of is too complicated for my taste. At least, I
guess it is possible to use configure and friends to only define that
XferCommand when libdownload support is disabled.
I guess I will just drop that patch, it does not matter. Besides there
are already the 2 scriptlets pactest which fail on cygwin, because
fakechroot is missing. So really no big deal.

> And Xavier- I know there are still some patches you have on your
> working branch I haven't pulled or commented on yet, leaving you a bit
> out to dry. I will try to do that ASAP on the list here.

That would be nice too, but still lower priority so no problem :)