[pacman-dev] pacman tag support

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 05:22:16 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Ronald van Haren <pressh at gmail.com> wrote:

> I much prefer a new field to include categories/tags as I think it is
> more use friendly. Besides that people tend to forget things and start
> writing 'groups=(kde)' where groups=(category:kde) should have been.

Even if we come to the agreement that a new field is better, what Nagy
said still holds.
Groups and categories are both some kind of tags to packages.
A huge part of their implementation will by consequent be the same and
should be shared.
So in my opinion, the brainstorming should go in that direction, to
find out if that is possible and how to do it.