[pacman-dev] PATCH: Fix bug 9395 (allow sync to remove unresolvable packages if user wishes)

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 16:03:09 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Bryan Ischo
<bji-keyword-pacman.3644cb at www.ischo.com> wrote:
> I didn't realize that dependency cycles were possible.  But you are right,
> they would lead to an infinite loop.  I'll have to figure out some way to
> detect and break such cycles.  Thanks for pointing that out to me.

We have a few cycles in core alone. Pacman deals with it elegantly
enough, in that it just kinda decides on an order and warns us "A is
being installed before its dependency B". If you want to see this in
action, try:

$ pacman -r some-dir/ -Sy base

You should get 2 or 3, mainly relating to things like glibc and bash