[pacman-dev] small pacman code clarification

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Dec 31 07:28:08 EST 2008

Hi,

I am fixing FS#12263 (problem with umask and db creation), which only
requires moving the creation of the db directory for the package before
the package archive starts getting extracted.

This occurs in the if loop in libalpm/add.c at line 699.  However, I am
confused about that if loop.  The archive is extraction is in a loop:

    if(!(trans->flags & PM_TRANS_FLAG_DBONLY)) {

Why is there a need for that if?  As far as I can tell,
PM_TRANS_FLAG_DBONLY only happens with a -Rk operation.  Is this here in
case we want to add the -k flag to Sync operations?  Or am I missing its
point completely...

Cheers,
Allan