[pacman-dev] -Sc and shared cache

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 17:24:22 EST 2008

This was already discussed here :
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2008-January/010940.html

And then more recently in bbs :

The guy there started to write a little script on his own, and that made
me realize that the behavior he wanted is actually pretty close to the
current -Sc code. Only a small part needs to be changed, most of the
code can be re-used. But instead of only keeping the packages which are
in the local database, we would keep the packages which are in a sync
database.
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=330487#p330487

So I hacked a patch together. It's not really usable yet, because it's
not configurable , only the second behavior will be used. It's only a
proof of concept for now. (and anyway, it only prints the package that
it wants to remove, it doesn't actually remove them, for testing purpose)
I just wanted to know what others think about proposing two different
behaviors for -Sc, and how the user could choose between both (maybe an
additional flag, but which?).