[pacman-dev] How can I upload my translation?

gan lu rhythm.gan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 18:31:53 EST 2008

On Feb 19, 2008 11:05 PM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 09:10:01PM +0800, gan lu wrote:
> > On Feb 19, 2008 7:30 PM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Did you fully translate pacman.pot? Do you plan to do libalpm too?
> > >
> > pacman.pot has been fully translated, libalpm will be the next one.
> >

> There were quite a few errors, but all easy to fix (missing headers, and
> missing trailing newlines).
> You can compile the .po file yourself with :
> /usr/bin/msgfmt -c --statistics -o zh_CN.gmo zh_CN.po
> to check the errors.
>
> Just in case, I am attaching the updated .po file with the trivial changes
> made (you can diff both .po files to check them).

Thank you! It's my first time to deal with po file, so I learned.

> A little question, is this made on purpose? :
> ・・-y,・--refresh・・・・・・・・从服务器下载更新的软件包数据库\n
>
> You have dots everywhere instead of spaces. I don't even know how to type
> this character :) I often see them in many editors, to help seeing the
> spaces,
> but it's only done at display, they are usually not written in the text
> itself.

Yeah, I am a little bit wondered too, I use gtranslator to make job easier,
but look like it will do that weired things when copying and pasting. I will
keep an eye on it the next time.

> Finally, how much time do you need for translating libalpm?

It started, I guess two or three days, I will try to finish it before this
weekend.