[pacman-dev] How can I upload my translation?

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 18:35:35 EST 2008

2008/2/19 gan lu <rhythm.gan at gmail.com>:
> On Feb 19, 2008 11:05 PM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > pacman.pot has been fully translated, libalpm will be the next one.
> > >

> > There were quite a few errors, but all easy to fix (missing headers, and
> > missing trailing newlines).
> > You can compile the .po file yourself with :
> > /usr/bin/msgfmt -c --statistics -o zh_CN.gmo zh_CN.po
> > to check the errors.
> >
> > Just in case, I am attaching the updated .po file with the trivial changes
> > made (you can diff both .po files to check them).
> Thank you! It's my first time to deal with po file, so I learned.
>

> > A little question, is this made on purpose? :
> > ··-y,·--refresh········从服务器下载更新的软件包数据库\n
> >
> > You have dots everywhere instead of spaces. I don't even know how to type
> > this character :) I often see them in many editors, to help seeing the
> spaces,
> > but it's only done at display, they are usually not written in the text
> > itself.
> Yeah, I am a little bit wondered too, I use gtranslator to make job easier,
> but look like it will do that weired things when copying and pasting. I will
> keep an eye on it the next time.
>

> > Finally, how much time do you need for translating libalpm?
> It started, I guess two or three days, I will try to finish it before this
> weekend.
>

> > We originally wanted to release 3.1.2 this week-end, but there was no
> hurry,
> > so we delayed it a bit for russian and polish translations, which are now
> 100%
> > complete.

I think we are going to release 3.1.2 later tonight, but your
translation will make it into 3.1.3 which we can release for your
translation and any further bugs we may come across.

We already know of a few such bugs with regards to character display
over multiple columns due to your patch, so we can work hard to
eliminate these bugs and then push another release.