[pacman-dev] pacman-contrib package

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 05:42:08 EST 2008

2008/2/21, Allan McRae <mcrae_allan at hotmail.com>:
> Roman Kyrylych wrote:
>  >
>  > There is a script for coloured pacman output somewhere on BBS.
>  > You can also include one of repo/cache cleanup scripts (based on
>  > filename matches) that available on ML and BBS. (and adding to git
>  > would be nice)
>  >

> The coloured pacman output appears to be a patched version of the pacman
>  frontend, not a script.
>  http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=29624
>  http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=11827

AFAIR there was some script that grabbed pacman's output and coloured it,
or it was just for some operations only (or maybe I've just confused something),
nevermind.

>  The cache clean-up script that I found is:
>  http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=330422#p330422
>  The script does not seem ready (with the big warning at the top and
>  all...) so I am against including it at the moment.  I'll wait and see
>  if that functionality makes it into pacman and if not then consider
>  including it when its ready.

some more links:
http://archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-March/007767.html
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2008-January/010958.html