[pacman-dev] pacman-contrib package

Allan McRae mcrae_allan at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 23 07:36:35 EST 2008

Xavier wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 11:10:25AM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've put a pacman-contrib package into AUR.  Will probably move into
>> community in the near future.
>>
>> At the moment it contains pacsearch, pacdiff and vim PKGBUILD syntax
>> files.
>>

> Thanks. I tried it and it works fine ;)
> I don't know why, I didn't think about reusing pacman tarball for this
> package. It's rather small after all, so this is not a problem.

I am going to move this to community now so there shouldn't be too much
pressure on the server downloading the tarball. I have been busy moving
xmltv to community with it many, many dependencies. I figured it was
best to get the scripts from the tarball given they are officially
distributed there.
> About PKGBUILD syntax, it doesn't seem to understand fields like this :
> license=('foo')
> only license=foo
>
> In the second case, it will highlight foo because it doesn't exist. But not
> in the first case.
> Same for arch fields, and maybe others.
Hmm, I will actually install vim and take a look at the syntax file and
see if I can improve it.  Of course, if someone who know vim syntax
files and wants to fix it....