[pacman-dev] pacman i18n

Hugo Doria hugodoria at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 14:08:11 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Matthias Gorissen
<matthias at archlinux.de> wrote:
> While I do not think that pacman's current translation process should be
> changed, I welcome any other approach towards i18n/l10n. If you can come up
> with a POT file for the installer, just count me in for the German version.
> Of course, this means that several small files must be added to the images,
> so nothing could be done without the consent of Simo or others.

I made a patch for the installer. It *probably* will be translatable
soon. Please, take a look here:

http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2008-July/006898.html
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10425

Simo need to do some clean on the code. I am just waiting him to patch
the installer again.

There will be no radical change in the pacman's translating process.
Dan can still host the files and voinull stays with his part, for
example. It's just a question of integration and this involves news,
information and instructions for the translation process.

These are just ideas and I am open to suggestions.

BTW, i liked the idea of translate the man-pages. I will take a look
at this later.

-- Hugo