[pacman-dev] Translation errors

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 02:41:15 EDT 2008

Xavier wrote:
> Hm, that took more time than I hoped / expected :P
>
> I am still wondering who won the medal of causing the most translation
> annoyance between me :
> http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=pacman.git;a=commitdiff;h=143135e666f5564240868810f0b8f4bc46ff87b5
>
> (all these [Y/n] to remove)
> and Allan :
> http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=pacman.git;a=commitdiff;h=3c3cb001a441656c2afba62f0361b83d4987339c
>
> (all these error: to remove)
>
> So you can vote now :)
>
> Also one of my other change became pretty sneaky with the [Y/n] change :
> http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=pacman.git;a=commitdiff;h=d5278ebb3ba94efdc9fffb7924ac66b6747d9011
>
> I almost missed that change:
> - ":: and install the new pacman version now?"))) {
> + ":: and upgrade these packages now?"))) {
>
> Anyway I hope I didn't make too much mistakes in this update :P

I think all translators should pay attention to at least the above
points I mentioned.
I only looked at the last nasty message mentioned above (upgrade these
packages now), and I see that the German translation still includes
[Y/n], and the Chinese and Spanish versions still mention pacman. I
guess Hungarian and Italian versions are fine.
That does not surprise me though, I figured all these things would be
harder to catch by people who don't follow all pacman development, so
that is totally understandable.

One last mistake I just noticed is one untranslated message in libalpm
hungarian translation :
#, c-format
msgid "removing '%s' from target list because it conflicts with '%s'\n"
msgstr ""