[pacman-dev] pacman port to BSD

Antonio Huete Jimenez ahuete.devel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 05:30:39 EDT 2008

Sebastian Nowicki wrote:
> On 31/05/2008, at 5:42 PM, Antonio Huete Jimenez wrote:
>

>> Hello
>>
>> I've just compiled and tested pacman with some minor make problems
>> (like
>> being unable to compile pacman.8) under DragonFlyBSD. pacman seems to
>> run fine, but I've been unable to make packages using makepkg, due a
>> fail when parsing opts and due that glibc dependency on every package
>> you need to build.
>> I think there was some patch on pacman-dev to fix that problem with
>> parsing opts to bash scripts, but what about glibc dependency on BSD
>> systems? How can I avoid it?
>>
>> I'll provide detailed information when I have something useable.
>>
>> Regards & thanks for your help
>> Antonio Huete

> Are you using Archlinux's ABS tree or packages? That probably won't
> work, you'll have to recompile everything, and of course that way you
> can remove the glibc dependency. As for argument parsing I'm not sure
> what the status of that is. I made a really bad patch that kinda works
> for most options, but I wouldn't recommend using that one. As far as I
> know Xavier is working on something.

Yes, I'm using ABS tree but not packages. What ABS tree should I use
then? I obviously was trying to recompile everything using makeworld
script but I got a --mtune gcc error that I need to solve just before
compiling world again.
A thing I think I should add to makepkg/pacman is a way to handle world
tools in the BSD userland. I mean, there are a lot of programs that are
part of BSD world that pacman and its utilities should count with in
order to not overlap them.
About the getopt handling, I'll wait for Xavier since I don't have time
to learn getopt magic :)
> There seem to be some problems with readlink in the Makefile (or
> asciidoc, haven't really looked into it), which I'll have to tackle
> for repo-add as well. Luckily you can just --disable-doc and it will
> compile fine.
>

>> Making all in doc
>> a2x -d manpage -f manpage --xsltproc-opts='-param
>> man.endnotes.list.enabled 0' --xsltproc-opts='-param
>> man.endnotes.are.numbered 0' --asciidoc-opts="-f asciidoc.conf -a
>> pacman_version="3.2.0devel" -a pacman_date="`date +%Y-%m-%d`" -a
>> sysconfdir=/etc" pacman.8.txt
>> readlink: illegal option -- f
>> usage: readlink [-n] [file ...]
>> a2x: failed: enhanced getopt(1) required
>> make[2]: *** [pacman.8] Error 1

Error over here is more like "don't know how to make pacman.8"

Making all in doc
make: don't know how to make pacman.8. Stop
*** Error code 1

Stop in /repos/work/pacman.
*** Error code 1