[pacman-dev] pacman port to BSD

Sebastian Nowicki sebnow at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 07:22:53 EDT 2008

On 01/06/2008, at 5:30 PM, Antonio Huete Jimenez wrote:

> Yes, I'm using ABS tree but not packages. What ABS tree should I use
> then? I obviously was trying to recompile everything using makeworld
> script but I got a --mtune gcc error that I need to solve just before
> compiling world again.
You'd probably have to modify some of the packages, at least to remove
glibc (I'm not sure what BSD uses instead)

> A thing I think I should add to makepkg/pacman is a way to handle
> world
> tools in the BSD userland. I mean, there are a lot of programs that
> are
> part of BSD world that pacman and its utilities should count with in
> order to not overlap them.
What do you mean? I wouldn't use pkg_add, etc if I was using pacman.
That's just a recipe for disaster. Stick to one package management
system and everything should be ok.

> Error over here is more like "don't know how to make pacman.8"
>
> Making all in doc
> make: don't know how to make pacman.8. Stop
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /repos/work/pacman.
> *** Error code 1

You need to specify --enable-asciidoc and/or --enable-doxygen for ./
configure. I don't know why the pacman PKGBUILD doesn't have either,
and yet somehow the man pages are there.