[pacman-dev] #10530: checksum verification does not work on BSD

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 06:58:12 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Antonio Huete Jimeenz
<ahuete.devel at gmail.com> wrote:
> For the checksum verification it might be ok to use openssl since it's in
> base for almost all BSD system. But what about linux? You'll have to install
> it before using makepkg, and this means a dependency.
>
> In the case of CHOST usage, I haven't explained it fine. It's not related to
> this checksum issue. I'll try to explain it better in another thread :)

openssl is in the base group of archlinux, so it is supposed to be
installed on every system.
But when you look at the number and the importance of the packages
requiring it, it is fully justified :
http://archlinux.org/packages/122/
I can even hardly imagine a linux distro without it. Or am I mistaken?