[pacman-dev] Pending 3.2 release thread

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 00:18:26 EDT 2008

This thread is meant for discussion about the upcoming 3.2 release
which I would like to do in the next two to three weeks. It has been a
while since a major release and I think we should get one out the
door. At this point I think we can say there should be no large-scale
feature addition before the release, and I would encourage you to
heavily use and test the current master git branch on your system to
ensure we aren't letting anything slip by we shouldn't. I updated
pacman-git tonight in my repository for i686. I will try to get an
x86_64 build updated sometime as well.

Nagy has mentioned that FS#8905 should get looked at before the
release, and I tend to agree, although I am not sure how to proceed
with this. Please let me know what you guys think, and if we have any
pending patches outstanding to fix this issue please resubmit.

If you feel an outstanding bug should be a blocker, speak now or never.

We will need one week for translation requests and updates to be
submitted, so we can continue to do some small-scale fixes at that
point if they don't affect strings.

On-topic thoughts/comments/questions are welcome.


More information about the pacman-dev mailing list