[pacman-dev] pacman-contrib package

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 05:53:25 EST 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 10:36:35PM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> Xavier wrote:
> > About PKGBUILD syntax, it doesn't seem to understand fields like this :
> > license=('foo')
> > only license=foo
> >
> > In the second case, it will highlight foo because it doesn't exist. But not
> > in the first case.
> > Same for arch fields, and maybe others.
> Hmm, I will actually install vim and take a look at the syntax file and
> see if I can improve it.  Of course, if someone who know vim syntax
> files and wants to fix it....

Arf, I was trying to make some change to that syntax file this morning. My
changes didn't seem to have any effect, it was driving me mad.
After a while, I figured out I had both pkgbuild.vim and PKGBUILD.vim files
in ftdetect and syntax :P
That's because pacman-contrib installs PKGBUILD.vim, but Nathan's
instructions which I followed previously used pkgbuild.vim :
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2008-January/010782.html

Anyway, both license=('foo') and license=foo work fine now.

But I think only the first should be supported (the man page says that
license is an array), so I updated PKGBUILD.vim accordingly.