[pacman-dev] Case sensitive options in pacman.conf

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 14:04:58 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:59:36PM -0500, Dan McGee wrote:

> Glad you brought this up and it got a bunch of responses.
>
> Looks like I am a bit in the minority here, and we probably would be
> OK just doing the CamelCase option names *if* we document this point
> in pacman.conf.5.
>
> Xavier, want to toss a patch into the mix here that cleans up the
> strcmp() usage AND documents the case-sensitivity in the manpage?

Yes, I also felt like it should be mentioned there, and I began to look at
the man page, but wasn't sure in which section it belonged.
Maybe at the end of the Description section ?
Or the beginning of Options?
I am not sure.

Also, it will conflict with my CleanMethod patch, which one should I do
first?