[pacman-dev] PacTrac was: Re: [arch-general] [arch-dev-public] ArchISO FTP Installer - Testers Needed

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 10:16:55 EDT 2008

Raymano Garibaldi wrote:

> You can not expect people to use an API that has no clear
> documentation and no stable interface that they can count on. And you
> can not expect a developer to try to figure out an API by scanning
> mailing lists, at least not this one. If it takes anyone longer to
> figure out an API than write their own software, well guess what
> they're going to do.

Then why don't they write an API with a clear documentation and a stable
interface so that everyone could reuse it ? :)

> Currently I am keeping a close eye on Shaman, http://shaman.iskrembilen.com
> Very promising but hasn't stablized yet.

That looks interesting indeed.
And btw, it's probably easier to figure out the API by looking at pacman
rather than this ML, and that's apparently what Shaman authors did.

I was just thinking that maybe ppl who needs an API are in a better
place for improving it and help stabilizing it. But maybe not.