[pacman-dev] makepkg -b is wrong

Diogo Dutra diogo.comp at gmail.com
Thu May 1 10:38:12 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 7:49 AM, Allan McRae <mcrae_allan at hotmail.com> wrote:
>  > Xavier wrote:
>  >  > Diogo Dutra wrote:
>  >  >
>  >  >> Hi guys, I have found a bug in makepkg, the makepkg -b dont install
>  >  >> builded packages as depencies, it install as explicited packages and
>  >  >> it is not good, I make a patch that revolve this problem.
>  >  >>
>  >  >> Im sorry for any mistakes of mine.
>  >  >>
>  >  >>
>  >  >>
>  >  >
>  >  > This doesn't look bad but I am never very confident with makepkg :)
>  >  >
>  >  This patch looks good.
>  >
>  >  <snip>
>  >  +    echo "$(gettext "      --asdeps        Install package as
>  >  dependencies")"
>  >  <snip>
>  >
>  >  The description of the --asdeps option should be "Install package as a
>  >  dependency"

Yes, the package is only one, not plural, it is more correct... and
this is my first patch submmited online, I dont have experiencies with
this.

>  Haven't even looked at the patch yet, but should we really even be
>  keeping this -b option around in makepkg? It seems like something
>  another script (such as makeworld) should do. This isn't emerge here.
>
>  -Dan

I agree with you, but I think the -b continue existing as -s, but -b
instead execute makepkg in recursive mode, my idea is implementing the
find deps $SCRROOT in another script (such as makeworld?) and -b call
this script as -s call pacman, because I think -b and -s have to
coexist.