[pacman-dev] makepkg -b is wrong

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Fri May 2 04:13:22 EDT 2008

Diogo Dutra wrote:
> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with you, but I think the -b continue existing as -s, but -b
> instead execute makepkg in recursive mode, my idea is implementing the
> find deps $SCRROOT in another script (such as makeworld?) and -b call
> this script as -s call pacman, because I think -b and -s have to
> coexist.

I don't think they have to coexist.
I used -s a billion times (well, every single time makepkg complained
about missing deps), and I didn't use -b once. And I would think I am
not alone in that case.

Anyway, if you move that code from makepkg to put it in another script,
it doesn't make any sense to keep that option in makepkg.
Just have that script call "find" and then "makepkg" (with your --asdeps
fix).
Any chances you could investigate if it can fit in makeworld? Otherwise
in a new script on its own?
This script would probably sit better next to makeworld in abs git repo
and abs package rather than with pacman/makepkg.
Just in case, abs git repo is there :
http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=abs.git;a=summary