[pacman-dev] List packages from a given repo

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri May 9 21:37:26 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 8:29 PM, Allan McRae <mcrae_allan at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Xavier wrote:
>> and bask in the glory and speed of perl
>>

> Oooo, I am, I am!
And while we are on the perl bus:
http://code.toofishes.net/gitweb.cgi?p=pacman.git;a=commitdiff;h=555e2091725a255f2e7dbe10c7c17d0830a60e36

Comments/questions/feedback would be much appreciated there. Perl
isn't always obvious at first sight, so be sure to tell me if there
are places that need more commenting.

> Now I preface this by saying I know next to nothing about perl....  but
> from what I can tell, this script looks good.  Just one query, when
> adding an item to a hash, does perl not return an indicator about
> whether a new item was created or not?  If so, we can probably combine
You might be right, but I think it is a bit clearer as is? I don't
think we are going to get much of a performance gain over 0.1 seconds
anyway. :)

Note that the hash table holds (key, value) pairs of (pkginfo, # of
times found). I didn't get this at first but it makes sense.

> Otherwise, I'm happy to bung the copyright notice on the top and
> recreate the patch.
Did we decide on a name for this yet? Xavier called it repolist, you
wanted to call it paclist and/or repopkg.